Austin is growing! And Koetter Fire Protection of Austin is growing with it! We are looking to employ, train, and develop individuals for several career opportunities in a variety of positions. Koetter Fire Protection’s seven Texas locations are looking for individuals interested in developing careers in life safety services. Koetter’s range of available positions include apprentices (entry-level), licensed technicians (intermediate-level), and foremen, inspectors, designers, and sales (advanced-level).
Fire Sprinkler Apprentice – New Construction: Austin, TX
Job Description and Duties:
Assist in the installation and repair of fire sprinkler systems. Contribute to team effort by accomplishing other tasks as assigned.
- Learn the trade of Fire Sprinkler Installation through hands-on work, classroom learning and self-studies.
- Become skilled at installing wet, dry, standpipe, fire pump, hydrants and pre-action sprinkler systems per NFPA 25 standards as well as national, state and local codes.
- Perform other duties as assigned, including attending training classes when offered.
- Learn to comprehend and apply information such as shop drawings, diagrams, schematics, submittals, software/systems, programs, and operation/product manuals.
- Adhere to all OSHA, customer and company safety policies and procedures.
- Demonstrate cooperation, teamwork, and a commitment to professional and organizational development.
**Note** No previous work experience necessary
- Always maintain a professional appearance, demeanor, and attitude.
- Have a willingness to learn Koetter culture and keep up with trade training.
- Report to and follow all instruction given by Supervisor and Scheduler.
- Report to assigned work sites on or before required start times.
- Follow all company and customer protocols, procedures, and paperwork.
- Possess organizational and time management skills.
- Positive Customer Skills.
- Good verbal and written communications skills (English).
- Organize and effectively utilize technical resources, information, material, and support to assure efficient execution of all assigned tasks.
- Be able to lift 100lbs.
- Be able to read construction documents.
- General math skills.
- Knowledge of construction tools and equipment.
- Typical schedule is standard business hours Monday – Friday, 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Some nights & weekends may be required based on individual projects.
- Health, Dental, Vision, ADDM, LTD and Life Insurance
- Supplemental Insurance
- Vacation Days
- Paid Holidays
- PTO- Paid Time-Off
- Weekly Paycheck
- Company (vehicle for qualified applicants)
- Full-time (4 positions available)
- Salary dependent on qualifications and experience
- Valid Driver’s License
- High School Diploma or GED
- Insurable (No high risk) as determined by company vehicle insurance carrier
- Clean Background Check
- Clean Driving Record
- Pass periodical Drug Screen
- Security Check
Koetter Fire Protection and its affiliates are privately owned, Texas-based companies employing more than 350 individuals. Koetter is looking for team members with a humble, confident attitude who believe in doing the right things through teamwork, dedication, and commitment. Honesty and Integrity are a requirement to be a member of this team. Our purpose, cause, and passion are “We are the solution that makes the difference in Fire Protection.” We are a family oriented, innovative company with dedicated and proficient employees. We pride ourselves on offering the highest quality of service and products in the industry to our established and future customer base.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $15.00 – $25.00 per hour (based on experience)